Sunday, September 12, 2010

Miss Cathy was up early this morning dusting. She said yesterday that she was going to “sleep in” but the thought of dusting was so pressing that she was compelled to get up, like a kid at Christmas, except there was no tree-just dust bunnies. I have to admit that when I came into the living room with my morning coffee that I could see that all the faux wood surfaces were gleaming, even without her telling me. Although it looked good she wasn’t satisfied because she couldn’t get the top off of the “lemon scented” Old English furniture polish, so she wanted to go over everything again so it would have “that lemony smell.”

I opened the bottle for her, the twist and turn top got the better of her, after seeing how easy it was for me to take the top off she said, “I see, said the blind man-couldn’t see a thang” “That pretty much describes you”, I said as I walked back into the kitchen to re-fresh my coffee and I heard her laughing. It’s a good morning

No comments:

Post a Comment