Thursday, September 9, 2010

Miss Cathy seems to be taking to change quite well. Not much is different but she seems to be on board with the things that have happened.

Back in May I did a deep clean and before she even came home from my brother’s after not being here for 6 months and the biggest thing I did was to pack away her collection of about 100 stuffed animals of all shapes and sizes that were dominating the living room and put them in storage.

On labor Day I hung new silk drapes to replace the old, polyester drapes and valance that had been hanging in front of the balcony sliding glass door for at least 15 (maybe 20) years. I put the sofa and loveseat on Craigslist and a woman is coming to pick up the sofa (a free items since it’s damaged) on Thursday and if the loveseat doesn’t sell the Salvation Army is coming to pick it up along with two big boxes of donations on the 16th.

The new sofa that Miss Cathy and I picked out together at The RoomStore will be delivered on Friday so that’s when I think some real changes will begin to happen. I’ve got to get curtain rods to hang the new drapes on all the other windows but that project is on hold until I can finish creating some new art for my poster publisher.

I was drawing for the first time last weekend and it felt great. I set myself up at the dining room table-not the most creative spot but I made it work. I turned on Itunes and tuned out everything around me and just got lost in creating. I had been worried that I wouldn’t be able to draw in this environment. So, it felt wonderful to know that I can work-even here.

No comments:

Post a Comment