Friday, September 10, 2010

I asked Miss Cathy if she was excited that the new couch was being delivered today and she said, “Not really.” I had to giggle. She said she felt better about it when she realized that I paid cash and wasn’t incurring debt on my credit card.

WAlittle later we’re sitting here in the living room waiting for the new couch to be delivered and she tells me that she’d rather have the “other” sofa that we’d looked at in the store-WTF! I asked her why she waited till the DAY the new sofa is being delivered to share this tidbit with me and she had no response. When I asked how long she's been thinking about this she said, “A couple of days."

So, being the people pleaser that I am, I'm on the phone all morning trying to cancel the delivery (and not incur a $100 delivery fee and 10% re-stocking fee) and BUY the other sofa to make her happy. Only to find out AFTER they cancelled the delivery that they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't be charged the delivery fee since the sofa was already on the truck for today AND I'd have to pay a new delivery fee of $100 for the other sofa...........so, I had to call back and luckily got them to confirm that they will be delivering the original purchase-Oye vey!!

Like they say-“No good deed goes unpunished”

No comments:

Post a Comment