Thursday, November 18, 2010

This n' that

What can I say? When Miss Cathy is having a good week-so am I. I took her over to Adele’s on Monday for a visit. So she got to hang out with her girlfriend for a while and I got a plant-stand (One of the perks of being Miss Cathy’s “entourage” I guess). The few times I’ve taken her over to hang out I usually stay in my car in the driveway, reading or writing, sometimes talking to Chad. I know I could be inside but like a “good driver” I stay with the car while Madame “visits” and I am “at the ready” when she comes out. Besides, I like having the time alone to do whatever.

Afterwards we made an impromptu grocery-shopping trip. I noticed that Miss Cathy is walking much better, she’s still toddling-but faster. She had a moment in the store when she got angry because she couldn’t find something but other than that she seemed to deal with the situation much better. I’ve noticed that she has flashes of anger when she’s overwhelmed sometimes.

The only other thing I noticed this week was that when I told her I’d take her over to Adele’s house for a visit she on the phone in a flash to let her friend know we were coming over. When she didn’t get Adele on the phone right away she got a little obsessive calling and calling, sometimes leaving a message, more often than not hanging up only to call again in a few minutes (Poor Adele, I felt sorry for her if she was home and was trying to nap).

After calling for several hours I saw her dressed and ready to go. When I asked if she’d finally talked to Adele she said “No” and when I asked why she was dressed she said she wanted to be ready, “just in case”.

Again, it’s that ‘single-mindedness” of “gottta get this done” or “gotta go, gotta go” that is new since the first of the year and is a little disturbing. She gets very anxious, sometimes snarky and is rarely relaxed before going anywhere.

All that aside-the week has been good. I’ve been hanging out with her more, even watched one of her favorite shows “Are you smarter than a fifth grader” (I wasn’t) with her on Tuesday night. She gets a big kick out of trying to answer the questions and its one of the few times that I don’t mind her incessant taking during a TV show.

Since I brought the plants inside for the winter she’s been a big help. While I’ve been watering and pruning the plants she’s been busy dusting off the tabletops and collecting the blooms and leaves that have died and fallen off.

We’ve got a nice little rhythm going right now-fingers crossed that it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment