Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This n' that

Today has been a pretty good day; in fact the past couple of days haven’t been bad. Now that it’s been a few weeks since Miss Cathy is back home she’s settled back in and happy. I gotta say, she’s more “herself” now than ever, earlier today I overheard her on the telephone talking to her insurance company about a bill and she was on top of her game. She had her information ready, questions prepared and she even took note of the agent’s name “for her records”.

When she came into my room later to fill me in on what she was up to I told her that I was proud of her and how she was “taking care of business”. She thanked me and said that she was appreciative of all the Tony and I are doing for her but “while she can” she wanted to do as much for herself as possible.

Last night she was up late (I’m talking past 10:00pm) watching the Redskins on Monday Night Football. And judging from the sounds I heard in the living room coming from her bedroom, “Hit him!” “Aww man, you know you should caught that ball!” “Run, run!” I’d say she’s enjoying her football.

She had me take some pictures of the plants that Chad had bought and decorated the balcony with last June so that he could see how well they were doing. I’m surprised that I’ve only managed to kill two of the ten so far. They were a pain in my ass at first, I thought, “Some gift if he gets to leave when they’re all lush and green and I inherit the burden of trying to keep them alive.” I may have resented them at first but now I’m kinda obsessed with them, they’re kind like a botanical witness for what I’m going through so-if they live so do I.

But I digress……back to Miss Cathy. She came up with a tuna salad that I had to take a pass on the other day. She can come up with some strange concoctions sometimes, she’s always been one to add a ”dash” of this or “dollop” of that to a dish and she’s never really followed a recipe or been able to make the same thing twice in exactly the same way.

Her tuna salad had the usual, tuna and mayo but she added sugar to the dill relish that I like but she doesn’t and to this she added sour cream. She the proceeded to eat the tuna on toasted white bread, lathered with mustard. While I enjoy most of what she cooks (and sometimes too much-you should see my waistline since living here-oye ve!)

I sat her down at my computer this morning after I uploaded the pictures of the plants and showed her how email works. She’d asked me if I was going to mail Chad the pics so I thought it was as a good a time as any to introduce her to email. Of course she’s heard about it but I’m pretty sure it’s the first time she ‘s seen the internet in action.

She was so into it that after she dictated the email to Chad she had me send the same pictures to Tony and Suemi. Who knows, today email-tomorrow facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment